Mexico Adventure: Mexico City

We just got back from spending the weekend in Mexico City with friends. We had a lot of fun. During the weekend, the boys got to splash in the pool, catch up with good friends, and Sawyer and Zach bravely rode horses that they have there on the ranch-I'm a scaredy cat, so I just stood back and just cheered them on. Plus, anytime there is good Mexican food, I'm happy. I think I could have eaten my weight in tacos and quesadillas. 


It was amazing to see Mexico City as well. It was HUGE. I don't think I've ever been in a city that big. Apparently its the second largest city in the world and has an estimated 20 million people living in it. It's crazy. 

The best part of our trip was that our friends have babes that are Sawyer and Rhett's ages. It was so fun to see them all play and get to know each other. Plus, we got to teach Sawyer more Spanish, which he didn't really use, but hey, at least we tried. ;) 

Even though it was a wonderful trip and we made some great memories this summer, I'm so excited to be home. We've had a whirlwind of an August and walking through that door yesterday and knowing there isn't another trip until October was a relief. I'm ready for Sawyer to start preschool, my Bible study to start up again, and for us to get into more of a routine. I'm also excited for cooler weather, trips to local apple farms, and more crockpot cooking. Stews and soups for dinner are my favorite. 

Fall and home, I'm ready for you.

Comments

Meghan said…
You guys are such travelers! I love to travel but also love coming home. Routine can definitely be a welcomed thing!
Leslie said…
I had no idea how big Mexico City was. You guys are such travelers and it looked like you had such a good time. I am such a homebody that I'm ready to curl up for this fall!

Popular Posts