Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Martha's Vineyard.


Hello! I feel like I haven't blogged in ages, but life has just been hectic lately with traveling and getting ready for the fall that there hasn't been a great opportunity for me to sit down and write. I'm hoping that changes soon. We just got back today from Martha's Vineyard. We were given the opportunity to stay with a friend of Z's that has a house there and I'm so glad that we took advantage of it. I had never been before and I loved everything about the island and its culture. Here are a few pictures from our weekend:

The beach close to their house that we could walk easily to. So pretty.
On Sunday morning, we took the kids to our friend's friend's farm. They had horses, pigs, and sheep. Sawyer loved it and we even got to feed the pigs their lunch that day!
Pretty landscape sprinkled throughout Edgartown. I loved walking around the downtown and snapping pictures. Everything just seemed so picturesque. 
The lighthouse in Edgartown. Z snapped this picture and I love it so much because it describes perfectly how excited and happy Sawyer was this weekend. He kept saying, "Beech! beech!"
And on the last night, we ended it with a impromptu sing along. We sang folk songs and "A Wonderful World." It was magical.

A perfect weekend to explore, laze about, and catch up. I hope we have the opportunity to do it again because there is still so much left on the island that I want to see and do.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to a great September!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I've never been to Martha's Vineyard, but it sounds like an amazing time. I'm glad you've had the opportunity to travel so much this summer!

Lauren said...

what beautiful photos! glad you've had some time to relax and travel this summer!

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful there!! I hope to visit Martha's Vineyard someday! What a perfect little getaway for your family!

Dee Stephens said...

I've never been, but looks dreamy!! Love that lighthouse pic. Shelby says, 'beech' too :)

Brittany Erickson said...

Jess - that looks like an idyllic trip! I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful time. What a beautiful place. And seriously...could Sawyer be any more darling!?!

Nicole@mamashiptips said...

looks so pretty there. your so lucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...