Friday, March 21, 2014

Turning 28

(bringing the snow inside to us)
(loves walking around in Mama's slippers)
Today I turn 28 and I've decided that this year I am going to refocus and reorganize this blog. The first 3 years of Just Rainbows and Butterflies were full of a lot of fun posts. This blog was started before I got married and has since been a great visual journal for me. It's captured my engagement, wedding, marriage, and now my journey into mommy hood. That's a lot!

Now that our life is more settled and I feel more secure, I want to shift focus to the little things that I love and care so deeply about like my faith, my family, and my friendships. I also want to post whenever I'm motivated or inspired to. If this means posting every so often, then that's great and if that means posting everyday, then that's good too. I just want to be motivated to write and lately, I haven't been inspired to or I keep thinking about how I want to turn this blog into something that fits more into who I am now rather than who I was 3 years ago. So, when my birthday came about, it seemed like the right time and I don't know what this will look like, but here we go.

To start, today is my 28th birthday and I'm so excited to get this year started. My husband surprised me by taking the day off and this weekend our sweet couple friends are coming down from NY to visit. So, I'm started today feeling really happy, blessed, and secure.

When I think back on this year, there is just so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for parents who are alive and close enough to come up to help. I'm thankful for a brother who is about to graduate college and for a son who is just my favorite little person ever. I'm thankful for all the travel opportunities and the time spent with just family. I can't think of any other word to describe this last year, except for thankfulness.

I'm so ready to start this year. We have 2 friends that are expecting little ones and 6 weddings to go to this summer. Sawyer starts preschool in September and Zach and I have a fun anniversary trip planned in fall. So many fun moments and I just can't wait to run into this year and get started.

And for anyone who reads this tiny blog and has followed me throughout this journey, thank you! Thank you for your caring, your comments and your emails. It's really meant a lot to me and is one of the main reasons I fell in love with blogging in the first place.

I'm going to end with my favorite quote and one that I hope shapes this upcoming year. Happy weekend, everyone!

“I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.”

11 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!! I am so grateful for your friendship and look forward to many more memories to be made. Have a wonderful day and weekend with your precious family!

birdie to be said...

Great pictures! And Happy Birthday to you!!!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope this is your best year yet. I love how you've set your priorities straight...good for you!

Shelby {Recent Somethings} said...

Happy 28! Looking forward to your coming posts :)

eliz said...

Happy Belated birthday! <3

Jenn said...

Happy birthday!! I love that quote!

Tara Illy said...

Happy birthday lovely one!!!

Laurel said...

Happy belated birthday!! I love the quote that you shared at the end of the post- can't wait to see the new changes on your blog, you bet I'll be following along!

Lauren said...

happy belated birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day with your cute fam!

Lauren W said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Jess! I can't wait to see what new direction you will be taking this space of yours :) That's such a great quote that you shared.

Erica Musyt said...

Happy Birthday lady! I did the same "reorganizing" with my blog a little bit ago too. I had been so concerned with posting every day and writing what other people wanted to read. I need to write when I'm feeling motivated and when it's quality and something I care about! You go girl and again, Happy Birthday! *erica*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...