Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Weekend Recap

This weekend was so nice. The sun was out, we took walks around the neighborhood, and we didn't wear a heavy winter jacket, so this in and of itself deserves a recap.

On Friday, Z surprised us by getting off early and when I saw him pull in I knew just what I wanted to do. That morning, my neighbor and I went to explore a little shopping center that's a few blocks from our house. It has a toy store, a fun boutique, a quaint cafe, and a huge wine and cheese shop. The cheese and wine shop was amazing and featured hundreds of wines. I couldn't stop thinking about it, so when Z pulled in I told him that I wanted to surprise him and off we went.

The store is called Arrowine and features wine, craft beers, artistanal cheese, and local gourmet foods. It's a huge place and we had a blast exploring. We had a quick wine tasting and then tasted the cheeses of the day. Sawyer loved tasting the cheeses and the man behind the counter was so nice and even got him some dark chocolate squares as well. We ended up getting Taleggio cheese and planned on making grilled cheeses with it on Saturday.

Afterwards, we walked over to Kiwi Cafe to pick up some dinner. I ordered the scallops and Z got the curry chicken. We got it to go and headed home to start the bedtime routine with Sawyer. Once he was in bed, we warmed up our dinners-which were delicious and we will definitely be going back- and watched a couple episodes of House of Cards.

Saturdays are starting to fall into a nice routine and rhythm for us. I tutor for an hour in the mornings and while I'm away, Z face times with both my parents and his. It's a good time for the grandparents to catch up with us and be able to interact with Sawyer. When I get home, we clean the house for an hour and then head to the gym. We have started doing classes together and this last Saturday, I barely survived the 30-minute ab workout. It was way too intense. I'm more of a yoga type of girl and gosh, were we sore the next day.


Saturday afternoon, we took Sawyer to Tysons, so he could play at the indoor play structure and then afterwards, we took him to one of his friend's birthday parties at Chick-fil-A. It was a lot of fun and it was so cute to see Sawyer rocking one of those little birthday hats. You wear it well, my friend.


Sunday, we went to church and then hung out at home while Sawyer took his nap. When he got up, we took him to the park and had a playdate with one of his friends over at the house. The parents got to hang out and drink wine, while the kiddos played, which means it was a win-win for everyone.

Such a fun weekend and it's amazing how quickly my mood changed once the sun was out and the weather was warm. This winter really did me in and I'm so excited that spring is just around the corner. Hopefully, we can have more weekends like this one. 

3 comments:

Jodi said...

It's amazing what the weather will do to you. Sometimes I wonder what if I have that seasonal disorder. Haha.

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Looks like a great weekend!

Heather said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Arrowine sounds awesome, and the weather around here was so nice after all the cold months we've had. I'm really hoping that after this week, we will finally be done with snow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...