Friday, February 28, 2014

{Five Things} A Recipe or Two


Hello and Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a good week and is ready for the weekend. This week has been a long one for me and I'm ready for a little R&R. 


1. Dairy-free and gluten-free blueberry crisp. Found this recipe and it was simple and so good. A keeper for sure and one that I will be making a lot this summer.


2. Avocado Parmesan Chicken. I actually consider this recipe a Pinterest fail. I made it and was so excited to add extra fiber to one of my favorite meals, but I thought the avocado made the whole thing a bit bland. Z loved it though, so maybe next time I'll add basil or oregano to the top to add more flavor? Has anyone else made this? Any tips for next time?


3. Riesling Ice cream. Yesterday was a rough one for me, so I picked up this homemade ice cream from Arrowine and it did not disappoint. It was light and unique. It was like having a glass of wine and your favorite dessert all in one. 


4. House of Cards. Best. show. ever. We just finished season 2 this week and it was amazing. I feel like season 1 was really about character development and season 2 dived into the plot, which kept Z and I on the edge of our seats. It's also the first time where I can say that every episode was really engaging and good.  If you need a good show to watch, this is it.


5.  Loved this quote. 

Have a good weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

Could not agree more about HOC - we definitely binge watched the first weekend it came out and finished in record time...I'm a huge fan of easy chicken parm!! Haven't tried with avocado! Hope you have a great weekend!

megan said...

We're halfway through Season 2 of HOC..can't wait to see what happens next! I've tried that avocado chicken parm and thought it was actually pretty good! More seasoning would definitely help the blandness though that you mentioned.

Hilliary@BrunchN'Cupcakes said...

I love Jenni's ice cream, it is the best! And that blueberry crisp... yum! Have a wonderful weekend!

Heather said...

I love that quote, too, and the ice cream sounds delicious! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

We watched the first two last night. I just.. can't even...ah! I did NOT see that metro thing happening, Crazy!

Great seeing you this week!

Shelby {Recent Somethings} said...

Love House of Cards but hate how fast we blew through it! That blueberry crisp looks fantastic. Happy weekend :)

Lauren said...

Ummm...Riesling ice cream?!? Sign me up!

We haven't started House of Cards, but it looks like I might need to jump on the bandwagon!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Riesling ice cream!?!? Shut the front door!!

Natalie said...

That is a great quote...and those recipes look DELISH!

Madeline said...

House of Cards and that ice cream are both two of my big "things" right now!! Looove. The season was so insane.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...