Holiday Tradition: Christmas Letter 2012


Christmas cards are one of my favorite things about the holidays. I love getting them and I love sending them out. This year, since my family and I are on a budget, I combined Sawyer's birth announcement with our annual Christmas card. Sweet Lauren at Choosing Joy designed this for me and then I printed them off at Staples. The whole thing--plus envelopes--cost me $35 which is a lot less than last year's card. Plus, I think the quality is just as good and the design just as cute. Its a small way I'm saving money this holiday season, but still keeping our Christmas letter tradition alive.

Any tips on how you save money over the holiday season?



You can see last year's Christmas card here.

Comments

Annie said…
I think it's gorgeous!

We all toned back on gifts this year. At some point noone really NEEDS anything ya know?!
Lauren said…
Thanks for the shout out, Jess! :)

Well, I'm not sure if it's actually saving money, but I buy Christmas gifts throughout the year if I see something I think someone will like. It probably cuts the shopping we do around Christmas in half, so it SEEMS like I'm saving money since I'm not spending as much at once.

Lauren
http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/
Dee Stephens said…
I wanted to combine this year but there's no way in the world with this late of a delivery they will make it by Christmas.
So, no Christmas cards for us this year. I'm doing New Year's instead.
Leigh said…
That is such a cute card! And so clever to combine the birth announcement with it!
Lauren said…
love the combo...if Elyse would have arrived a little bit earlier then I totally would have done this!

This year we just cut back a bit on our budget for everyone...it's made quite the difference and we've been able to get just as much stuff!
katie ridings said…
perfect card!! so sweet.
Jennie Pothoven said…
Got it in the mail today! Love love your handsome baby and can't wait to see you soon!
What a sweet card, congrats! I just saw your comments on Who's Excited about movie to NOVA. I am from that area, but live in Cali now. We went back over Thanksgiving, it is definitely a busy place, but there is so much to do!
eas said…
What a great christmas card! I strayed from tiny prints for the first year ever but saving $100 made me feel good.

I just sent you a short email but let me know what questions you have and i'll be sure to help out. Cross country move is a lot with a tiny one.

Xoxo

Popular Posts