Thursday, August 9, 2012

Five Things.

1. Strawberry Cake 

Loved finding this recipe on Lady Behind the Curtain. The cake was easy to make, moist and perfect for a summer BBQ. You can find the recipe here

2. Wedding & Reception Album Complete

I finally finished our wedding and reception album just one month shy of our first anniversary. That's good, right?

I decided to design and make my own because wedding albums are beyond expensive and I wanted to be able to control which pictures went into the book and the quality of the paper. I also wanted to add special captions and little mementos under pictures that photographers just wouldn't know to add. 

I ended up making two books: one that dealt with the wedding ceremony and the other with the reception.  I used Blurb and highly recommend it. It was easy, the books were high quality, and the price wasn't too bad. 




3. MWF Seeking BFF

(via)
I couldn't put this book down. It is about author and fellow blogger, Rachel Bertsche in her yearlong search for a best friend after moving to a new city. I could relate to every awkward girl-date that she went on, the girl crushes you get when you and someone just click and how hard it is to find girlfriends after you move to a new city. I think this is the best book I've read this summer and I highly recommend it to any girl in their 20s. 

PS-You can find her blog here

4. Organization
I can't believe it's only 2 more weeks until my summer vacation is over and work begins all over again. Really trying to utilize these last few days to organize and de-clutter. If anyone has any tips or hints, I'm all ears!

5. Quotes.
(via)
I've had a hard week. I'll talk more about it next week, but it's been one full of highs and lows and full of a lot of hard decisions. I came across this quote on Pinterest and it really helped me get things into perspective-that and an ice cream date with husband-but I decided to share it in case any of you are wrestling with difficult decisions this week and are searching for a little guidance. I hope this helps you change your thinking as it did mine. 

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Hope things are going ok Jess!

Caitlin C. said...

Mmm that strawberry cake looks delicious! And I'm so sorry you've had a rough week. Sometimes we need rough times in order to be thankful for the good times. But I hope you're doing okay!

Leslie said...

I want to go home and make that cake tonight! YUMM!!!
And love your wedding album!! I made my own also. I just could not justify spending $700 on a book made by my photographer. I used Costco's photo dept and it turned out awesome and only $50! Plus I ordered copies of the book for each of our parents and gave them to them for Christmas gifts last year :)

Pris said...

Good for you for getting your album done-- we are well past our first anniversary and still no album! Also, I added that book to my Amazon Wish List! Can't wait to read it!

Frances said...

Yum on the cake! Good job getting the books done! I used Blurb for our Rehearsal dinner book and I loved it!

eliz said...

Ooohh I really need to make a wedding album...eventually...thanks for the site recommendation. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...