Monday, August 6, 2012

30 Before 30: Go to Hearst Castle

Last weekend, I crossed another thing off my 30 Before 30 list, which was Go to Hearst Castle. Before I tell you about our little weekend trip, I have to say that I'm a little amazed at how quickly I'm completing the list. I thought it would take me a lot longer to complete these little adventures and that there would probably be a mad dash at 29 to complete a lot of them, but maybe I can do a 30 Before 30 Volume 2? Who knows. Okay, and on to our weekend trip..

Saturday, Z and I made the 4 hour drive to visit and tour Hearst Castle at San Simeon. It was fun to drive along the beautiful California coast and get a lot of talk time in. Right when we arrived, we hopped on a bus and went on our Cottages and Kitchen tour. We saw 3 cottages where the Hearsts' hosted guests like Winston Churchill and other silent film actors and strolled through the kitchen which is still larger then a lot of restaurant kitchens to this day. It was interesting to see the wealth and design, but it just seemed lonely being on a coast with nothing else around and also you never got a glimpse into who the family really was besides the fact that they were wealthy. The whole thing made me happy and thankful to be living in our little Menlo Park abode. Our home isn't anything crazy, but it is homey, comfortable, and full of nick knacks that are intrinsically us. 





10 comments:

christine donee said...

I've still never done this.. and I'm not that far away!

Katie said...

wow,the view is amazing!

Lauren said...

Beautiful pictures! The first one is amazing! And I love the view from the window! :)

Lauren
http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

Beautiful pictures!! I want to go there! :)

Brigid @ Willow Gazing said...

We actually passed by there on Thursday as we made our way down the coast. We didn't stop for a tour, but I had the same feeling, it just seemed lonely perched up on the hill with nothing else around. It felt like a reminder that money doesn't buy happiness, or taste for that matter:)

Dee Stephens said...

I would love to go back there. Gorgeous.

jamiedawn said...

newest follower here :) those photos are gorgeous!

Allison said...

This looks gorgeous!!! I've never even heard of Hearst Castle!

Portuguese Prepster said...

o my goodness this look stunning!!!

Taylor said...

wow, this is really cool and such a beautiful looking place. you look so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...