Monday, March 5, 2012

Gourgeres

This weekend I flew back to DC for a friend's bachelorette weekend. For her fun Saturday night activity, we decided to take the bride-to-be to a French Classics cooking class at Sur la Table. The menu consisted of Gourgeres, Lyon-style Chicken with a Tangy sauce, Green-Lentil Salad with Hazelnut Vinaigrette and a Caramelized Apple Clafoutis. Pretty fancy, right?

I liked everything we made, but I love the Gourgeres and the Tangy Sauce that went with the chicken. Gourgeres are a fancy French term for cheese puff or cheese bread. They are really similar to pop-overs if you've ever had them. These things were full of flavor, light and airy. We had to split these 8 with 4 girls and I think all of us would've had more than 2 if given the chance. If interested in trying these out, I found a similar recipe to the one we used: here. You'll notice that these are pretty simple and you probably have all the ingredients already in your pantry. (Side note: you don't need rosemary like this recipe calls for. We just used salt to sprinkle over the cheese before popping them into the oven.)

I haven't found a similar recipe to the Tangy Sauce, but once I do, I'll post it on the blog. I tried out this one sauce that I found on a blog that was similar, but not the same. I'm still on the search, so once I find it, I'll let you know ASAP. Seriously guys, this sauce was perfect over chicken and rice. 

The whole experience was pretty fantastic-I'll post pictures later this week- and the price of the class wasn't too bad either. I would definitely recommend this for another bachlorette or a fun date night with your beau. 



10 comments:

Amanda said...

You're making me hungry way too early in the morning! So I've decided to have my Kashi bar... Sounds like you had a great weekend back on the East Coast :) Happy Monday, Jess!

Lauren said...

Mmm...I'm so ready for lunch! Too bad I won't be eating anything nearly that exciting!

Claire said...

Hope you enjoyed your weekend (sounds like you definitely did) back East! This sounds like SUCH a fun date night- thanks for the suggestion! I may have to surprise Mr. C with a class one weekend! Hooray! xoxo

Andrea Grace said...

Delish!!
www.Alwayssaygrace.com

Kayln said...

omg that does look SOOO good!!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

mmmmm looks beyond delish!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

These look and sound delicious!

christine donee said...

get. in. my. belly.

Brittney said...

mmmmmmm yum!

living room tables said...

Hey
I enjoy your blog!, This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, I do appreciate the writing
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...