Monday, January 9, 2012

30 Before 30: Donate my hair Locks of Love


Last week I completed #16 on my 30 Before 30 list, which was to donate my hair to Locks of Love. For those of you who don't know, Locks of Love is a organization that provides high-quality wigs to disadvantaged kids suffering from medical illnesses in which they had lose their hair. I wanted to do this because I wanted to help those suffering from cancer or any other disease where they had to lose their hair to a vicious medical illness. Sitting in the chair, I could only imagine the emotional roller coaster that it would take one on-to end up losing something so precious due to a unforgiving disease. I ended up donating a little over 11 inches of my hair and even though I'm not a fan of short hair, I think the end product turned out well and I'm proud that I did all I could do for someone whose fighting for a sense of normalcy in a traumatic time.



*I'm not a fashion blogger, so I felt super awkward taking these pictures of myself with Z. Laugh all you want because I sure did through this process. :)





12 comments:

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

Looks great!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Your hair looks great! Such a great thing you did!

Portuguese Prepster said...

so awesome!

Dee Stephens said...

Looks GREAT! Locks of Love is such a great non-profit!

Emily said...

Jess, it looks incredible. What a selfless and generous gift you gave to someone. You are amazing! oxo

Taj Acosta said...

Wonderful! And your hair looks great! xx

Claire said...

I have always wanted to do this but last time I got a couple inches away and literally couldn't stand it any longer! Maybe I will have to try again! Your hair looks FANTASTIC! How are you liking the new short look!?

Caitlin C. said...

Your hair looks AWESOME! seriously! I could never pull it off, but it looks great on you. And for such a good cause! :)

Lauren said...

You look great with short hair! And that's such a great thing you did!

Lauren
http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

Baby Mama said...

love the new cut!

el.vi. said...

Wow you look fabulous and I did locks of love during my last big cut...so goods! :-)

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Good for you!! My cousin just did locks of love! I'm liking the sassy new look, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...