Monday, July 11, 2011

Alexander McQueen & Life Should Be A Party

I have linked up with Crowley Party for Life Should Be A Party (see button on the side), where you discuss what is making you happy this Moanday. Today, it is Alexander McQueen. Enjoy!


"I want to empower women. 
I want people to be afraid of the women I dress."
-alexander mcqueen
{via}
This weekend I went to New York to visit one of my bridesmaids and she had the brilliant idea of checking out the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met. We waited in line for about an hour, but it was absolutely worth the wait. The exhibit, Savage Beauty was the most thought-provoking and creative display I have seen.

There were several different rooms that displayed McQueen's different collections and his ideas of dark romanticism and love of nature were featured in each of his pieces. I was taken by this views on passion, love, and the creative mind and fascinated by the decorated mannequins that donned his creations. Each was a unique piece of art that truly captured his visions, thoughts, ideas, and persona. 

Throughout the six sections of the exhibit, his quotes, ideas and interviews adorned the walls. From reading them, you could quickly tell he was a tortured creative genius. He quickly was put on my list of people I wish I could've met.

We couldn't take pictures in the exhibit, but  check out some of my favorite pieces below: 
{via}

He was such an inspiration and I'm sad that he left us so tragically. McQueen, you have left me wanting more. 

“It is important to look at death because it is a part of life. It is a sad thing, melancholy but romantic at the same time. It is the end of a cycle – everything has to end. The cycle of life is positive because it gives room for new things.”
-alexander mcqueen





4 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

I would love to see the exhibit! I have heard it is stunning.

Megan said...

What a fun link up! I've never seen anyone doing this one before...I just love it!!

This exhibit looks amazing. You sound SO fancy saying going to the Met. Haha. Sounds like it's from Gossip Girl!!

Summer Wind said...

Love your blog! Just followed! Can't wait to read more!

Miss Lindsay said...

I have been wanting to visit this exhibit!! I better not put it off any longer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...