Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Signature Cocktail

Via

 Growing up in the South and going to school in North Carolina has given me (and my Mom) a deep appreciation for sweet tea in the summer and lemonade on the days when you feel like sitting on a front porch and not moving. I knew I wanted these two drinks to somehow be incorporated into our Southern-inspired wedding, so I thought that a signature cocktail would be perfect. After bringing this up with my caterer, he had the perfect cocktail idea: Rosemary Lemonade.

This won't be the exact recipe that my caterer will use on our special day, but it's close and also REALLY good. I found it on Just Married & Cooking, which is such a good site cocktail and cooking idea, so I definitely recommend ya'll trying their recipe below. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. 

  • 3 oz lemon juice, plus a few slices for garnish
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, more to taste
  • 3 ounces vodka (optional)
  • 2 sprigs rosemary, more for garnish
  • 1 cup ice
  • 8 ounces water
    Combine lemon juice, honey, sugar, vodka and rosemary in a cocktail shaker and shake vigoursly until the honey and sugar is dissolved.
    Add the water and ice and shake to chill thoroughly. Strain into mason jars filled with ice. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and lemon slices.
    (serves 2)

1 comment:

elvi said...

Looks yum Can't wait to try it out in the summer...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...