Hooray for this weekend! We're off to Philadelphia, so here's five things I'm loving this week:
1. I bought this jacket from Loft after reading the great reviews online. I got it yesterday and already received two compliments on it. It's perfect for fall and can be dressed up or down. PS-Loft is always having really good sales and I scored this beauty for 50% off. Make sure to sign up for the emails because I swear that Loft has a sale like that every other week.
2. Z's been traveling this week and we usually have a breakfast phone date in the mornings. On Wednesday, we were talking on the phone and the doorbell rang. It was him! He surprised us and was able to work from home this week. So so happy and really turned my week around.
3. This devotional. Every day I get something new from it. Today, the author talked about how joy is found at the table of thanksgiving and how the height of our joy is dependent on the depths of our thanks. I loved that. A simple way to receive joy is through seeing things/moments as gifts and giving thanks for them. Such a simple thing that I needed to be reminded of.
4. Good friends. Last week, we had Z's good friend and wife over for dinner. Z made really good steak tacos and I made a strawberry pie. The food was good and the company even better. I really hope we have more visits from them more often.
5. Birthday parties! Last weekend was full of birthday parties, so Sawyer was pretty much in a sugar high from Saturday morning to Sunday night. This weekend, we are headed to my nephew's birthday and Sawyer's pretty excited. He keeps walking around the house saying, "Happy! Happy!"
Have a good weekend, everyone!