The nursery is done and now the hospital bag just needs to be packed. I remember last time we went through this process, I brought way too much stuff. We had two bags and then a food bag. It was a little ridiculous and we didn't even touch most of the food I had brought like the 3 cans of soup I got "just in case". #firsttimer. In preparation of the hospital this time, I have really tried to simplify and only bring what we absolutely need. Here's what I'm bringing for the big day.
- Insurance information, hospital forms, and pediatrician information.
- 1 flannel shirts that are easy to throw on and make nursing easier.
- 1 zip-up hoodie in case the hospital is chilly at night. I'll be bringing this one.
- 1 sports bra and 1 nursing bra.
- 1 nursing tank. I love these.
- Comfortable underwear.
- Socks with traction for walking the halls or just keeping warm.
- Going home outfit. I'm hoping that its warm and I can throw on a maxi dress with a cardigan because I know trying to figure out what size pants that will fit me will be tricky and annoying.
- Flipflops for the shower.
- Cell phone and charger.
- Camera and charger.
Travel Size Toiletries:
- Yes to Carrots Gentle Cleansing Wipes: I hate not being able to wash my face or at least clean up a bit, especially if I'm going to be laboring for hours, so these will be a great and easy way to remove grim, make-up and sweat.
- Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner: I really like this OGX brand because its sulfate-free and I love the smell. Plus, with the weather being so dry-or maybe its just me-I need something that moisturizes.
- Dove go fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Bodywash: Smells good and again, is gentle and moisturizing, which is what I'm in desperate need of this winter.
- Deep Action Cream Cleanser: I just love this product.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Make-up bag.
- Hairbrush and hairdryer
For the babe.
- Carseat. We are using Sawyer's britax.
- Going home outfit. I got bought him a little monogramed outfit from this cute etsy store.
- A second outfit.
- Mittens and hat.
- Swaddle blanket. We are using Sawyer's old Aden + Anais.
- My breast friend. Oh my gosh, am I bringing this. I hated using the boppy and found it completely useless when breastfeeding. I'm a true believer/lover of the breastfriend and won't be going back. And PS-this would be a great gift for any new Mom.
- Extra pair of clothes.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.